Monday, December 27, 2010

Product Review: Dermatix


Over the years, I have had the need to use this gel for various reasons. Surgery incisions, acne scars and most recently, a not-so-successful attempt at waxing (lesson learned: don't ever waxas soon as you step out of a hot bath - the skin is way too soft and prone to peeling off with the wax and hair!).

This stuff is pricey (about $45 CDN for a small 15g tube), but a little bit goes a very long way. It is a thick silicone gel that acts like a barrier, protecting the skin and allowing it to heal at the optimal rate for scar prevention. It can also work to reduce the look of scars that are already there. The newer the scar, the more effective it is.

When used consistently, it does an incredible job of preventing scars and reducing the appearance of existing scars. I have asked my GP, orthopedic surgeon and my dermatologist what to use for scars, and all three suggested Dermatix. I highly recommend this product to everyone. Even if you don't need it now, it's great to have in the medicine cabinet just in case! I could not buy this off the shelf, but they do sell it over the counter at the pharmacy.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment