Monday, February 23, 2009

Review: MAC Penultimate liner in RapidBlack



I had really high hopes for this product. I haven't had much practice applying liquid liner, and thought this would be a great way to get that liquid liner look with the ease of applying like a pencil. My thoughts on this:

  • The felt tip is great, it makes it much easier to control the line of colour than the itty bitty liquid liner brushes
  • I didn't like the long, pen-shape. I found that to do my left eye, I couldn't hold it properly to get the angle I needed. I had a similar product from Avon with the same felt tip years ago that had a very short handle and it was so much easier for me to work with.
  • The colour payoff really isn't very good. Trying to apply overtop any eyeshadow left me with a very dull line. I had to keep wiping the pen on a tissue to get the colour flowing again.. but even so, the payoff left a lot to be desired.

So all in all, you can tell that I wasn't happy with this product. Too bad! I ended up swapping it away. I have heard a lot of people absolutely love it. For those who want anoher option, I still love my MAC Fluidline's. They give an amazing dark line that is so easy to control.

No comments:

Post a Comment